Friday 1 July 2011

question!


I often wonder why we were each given different gifts and passions and dreams that we want to pursue in life. They are God given, of that I have no doubt. And yet they seem to hinder, or for want of better words, complicate, our pursuit of Him. I don't know if it's because we get tangled up in our perceptions of what we want versus what God wants, if we're selfish enough to think that what we do and what we're good at is our own to cling on to, or if this world is too mucked up with sin and our own human nature.

I wonder what God's plan is, what His dream is?

I wonder what He wants me to use my gifts for?

'Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.'
Romans 12:1-8

pic via weheartit

2 comments:

  1. 'When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ''I used everything you gave me'''. - Erma Bombeck

    Luckily talent bubbles out of you into every area of your life, so I think you'll be pretty set on that day. I find it hard not to equate the word "talent" with creativity, and must remember there are many other talents I should be trying to exhaust! Bah!

    That and, I like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that...that talent isn't just creativity. good reminder :)

    i like you too :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment! they make my day xx