Friday 5 August 2011

be inspired...


Are you ever creatively inspired by something, or someone? You see a beautiful painting layered with colour and passion, you find a dusty old book in a charity shop with a wonderful story and stunning pictures, or you read a magazine which has such exciting new ideas and persuasive and pretty text you decide to redecorate...now! At 11pm!

I am inspired by so much, and when I'm not inspired, I can feel quite dull. An orange and pink sky, a beautiful store packed with treasures, the green country side, letters in the mail, other people's creativity...there is so much which triggers something inside me, I'm not even sure what. But it's magical! Praise God for making us who we are! For who you are! What inspires you? What moves you to create, or teach, or learn, or love?
What are your passions, your deep down desires that make you, you? Mine are just coming back to me, and it's wonderful.

'Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.' Romans 12:2

image via dazeychic

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Nikki!
    I know exactly how you feel. Pretty much everything you mentioned as inspiring you inspires me also... When i stop seeing those God sightings that He places all around me each day - I know that something is wrong. The only thing you forgot to mention in your list (which is definately in mine - and probably yours) is flowers.
    Today I saw a weeping cymbidium orchid at my local florist. The flowers were a blushed pistachio colour, with dainty pink lips. If I had the money to just buy the pot - I would have.
    Keep sighting God - so he can use you to be a blessing to others.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a comment! they make my day xx