Monday 22 August 2011

let go and let God...


I am being taught, and I am learning (slowly), that dependence on God is the only possible way to have a close relationship with Him. What do you rely on? Your confidence in your abilities? Your family? Your job? Your spouse? You and the comforts you surround yourself with?

When we rely on ourselves and our own abilities, we have to carry our own burden too. We set ourselves up for failure. And yet God promises us so much more! He promises peace, rest and relief from everything this world throws at us.

What do you choose each day?

'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.'
Matthew 11:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment! they make my day xx