Tuesday 26 June 2012


Hello there! It's been a while, and I've been a busy bee! Last Monday my husband took me on a tour of Callander which was dee-lightful! Filled with sunny, leafy streets, colourful charity shop bargains, lunch by the meadows, visiting Hamish the Highland cow, the yummiest bakery outside of Sydney and a lovely cafe by a beautiful loch, it was wonderful! We also spent a good few minutes sniffing the air which smelt of shortbread - yummo!

Yesterday we went on a hunt for furniture without any luck, and currently I'm sitting amidst approximately a bajillion boxes all ready to be moved into our new flat on the river this weekend, which I am very excited about.

As I've been cleaning and packing (there is SO much cleaning and packing), I have come to the realisation that I should clean more often. Clever? I think so! But it also made me think of my Dad telling me that maintenance is better and much more efficient than the alternative. Christine Caine put on facebook this week, 'It's often the stuff you leave out that matters', and yet it seems that no matter how often we're told what's good for us, the easy habits are so easily abandoned. Do you pray? Do you read the bible? Do you make time in your day to spend time with God? I struggle a lot with these simple things, and yet I know that if I got them right, SO much would fall into place. I would begin to place my self worth in God and His view of me, I would grow into a deeper relationship with God, my confidence would no longer be placed in things of this world, but God, and I would be released to be free in the love of God.

Sometimes, I need a good shake, and a good question asked.
What is stopping you?! Because whatever it is, do you realise what it is you're sacrificing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment! they make my day xx