Tuesday 12 June 2012

Peace I leave with you...


'Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.' John 14:27

Peace is something that I don't think I realised I had, until it left. But amongst much soul searching, I have come to the realisation this peace was my own peace, my own confidence, my own understanding.

My body is often unwell, there are days when I miss home more than others, and there are times when loneliness is pretty hard to handle. And yet I am slowly beginning to recognise the peace of God that transcends all understanding. I am starting to realise that this peace is something that we as Christians do all have...but have you accessed it? Are you willing to let go of your own peace which will change with the seasons, in exchange for a peace that will NEVER leave you, and NEVER forsake you?

There was a moment at Colour London 2012 in which I knew God was asking me to let go of what I wanted, and trust Him. This was a real struggle, and be assured I only promised God I would try (the best you can do sometimes!), but He took me on, and immediately I was flooded with peace.
In my sickness, my heart stays calm. In my homesickness, my head trusts God has good things planned for me. And in times of loneliness, I know that spiritually I am never alone.

My prayer for you today is that any anxiety, agitation, worry, fear, stress, anything that keeps you from seeing the true splendour of God, will leave in a moment, and that the peace of God will overwhelm you, body, heart and soul.

'...Take my life
Take all that I am
With all that I am I will love You
Take my heart
Take all that I have
Jesus how I adore You...'
'Like an Avalanche - Hillsong'

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment! they make my day xx