Thursday 23 June 2011

what would change?

My Mum sent me a gratitude journal which I received yesterday! Apart from the sheer joy that is involved in receiving a parcel (I loooove getting parcels), there was also curiosity and unveiled delight in cracking open and peeking inside this new diary. The smell of a new book, the sound and feel as the spine cracks for the first time and endless (well, 124 to be exact) blank pages to be filled with whatever comes to mind!

So this is my new plan (I have many plans, lets hope this one pans out). I will be grateful. Truly grateful. For the small things done for me and the huge, bigger-than-I-can-comprehend things done for me. I wonder if we we were truly grateful for what God has done (and is always doing) for us, if our relationship towards God would change? More humility? Certainly. More fear and awe for the God of creation? Most definitely. More love for and a longing to know God? Without a doubt.

'Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.'

George Herbert

image via kikki-k

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a comment! they make my day xx